A unique destination and a unique place to experience it, the Tierra Atacama is a luxurious way to do eco-tourism in the stunning Atacama Desert.
Situated near to the desert oasis of San Pedro de Atacama in northern Chile’s vast Atacama Desert, the Tierra Atacama is a haven of luxurious comfort. Created by some of the country’s leading architects and designers, the rooms and living spaces beautifully showcase local craftsmanship and culture from handwoven throws to llama figures sculpted out of volcanic rock. Not to mention the private terraces with their spectacular desert, mountain and volcano views. Creative regional cuisine, taking advantage of local produce, is served in the light-filled dining room alongside desert panoramas.
Choose the Tierra Atacama on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Chile and you’ll have an enticing menu of desert adventures right on your doorstep. From horseback riding and full moon hikes to excursions to gushing geysers and volcanoes, you can explore the desert in your own way alongside a team of expert guides. After a long day, escape to the Uma Spa where treatments draw inspiration from the surrounding desert. Alternatively, you can enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool or grab a seat by one of the terrace fire pits to keep warm as you admire the starry night skies.
Tierra Atacama, at a glance
- Luxurious boutique eco-hotel, just 20 minutes from San Pedro de Atacama
- Wide choice of romantic Oriente rooms, spacious Poniente rooms and Family rooms
- All with private terraces and jaw-dropping views of the Licancabur Volcano
- Pared-back decor with handmade textiles and local craft pieces
- Boutique bathrooms with al fresco showers
- Art that brings the desert inside
- Beautiful dining room with a menu showcasing local produce
- Bar offering a fine selection of Chilean wines, artisanal beers and Latin American cocktails
- Gardens designed by renowned landscape artist Teresa Moller
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool and brilliant Uma Spa for expert pampering
- Living room and library
- On-terrace fire pits
- Excursions to gushing geysers, hot springs and tranquil lagoons
- Atacama salt flats and volcano exploration
- Trips to Death Valley and Moon Valley
- Historical, cultural, geological and archaeological tours by 4x4 vehicle, horseback, bike or guided treks