At El Cantil you can discover the flora and fauna of a tropical rainforest and dive beneath the Pacific Ocean, whilst contributing to the local community.
Tourism with a conscience. Luxurious surroundings without damaging the environment. Make El Cantil your lodging place on your tailor-made holiday to Colombia and you can relax listening to the sounds of the jungle from the comfort of a gently swinging hammock. You can swim in the crystal waters of the Pacific Ocean. You can take informative walks through untouched rainforest with a guide who will show you its unique flowers, trees and plants, its animals and insects. And all the time you can be positively supporting the local community and protecting the environment.
El Cantil has been rated one of Colombia’s best ecolodges by Lonely Planet for its ecologically sensitive use of materials and resources – and for the way it helps advance local communities.
El Cantil, at a glance
- One of Colombia’s leading ecotourism hotel, surrounded by unspoilt jungle
- Choice of only seven single, double and multiple rooms arranged in cabins built using immunised wood and shingle roofs
- Each with its own, spacious en suite bathroom ajecent to the surrounding jungle
- Tented beds and private terraces with hammocks
- Restaurant serving delicious local Colombian food
For leisure and pleasure
- Two sun terraces with awe-inspiring ocean views
- Hammocks for ultimate laziness
- Guided hikes through the untrammelled tropical rainforest of Choco
- Discover a wealth of local flora, fauna and culture
- Diving and snorkelling in a welcoming Pacific Ocean
- Surfing, paddle surfing and kayaking
- Speed boat surf tours
- Visits to community support projects, including schools, entrepreneurial training, libraries and surfing programmes