Relax in an original hacienda with extensive gardens, established trees and an atmosphere – and structure – that seems to have changed little from the old days of colonial Colombia.
The gardens tempt you out from the shade of the genteel veranda with the perfume of lilies and bougainvillea. So you step away from the hacienda with its Caucana architecture, its cloistered courtyard with twinkling fountain, its thick walls and graceful windows, and into a world of butterflies, birds of paradise and bejewelled reptiles.
Beyond the Castilla’s extensive grounds lie orchards of abundant mango, mandarin and orange trees. Not to mention groves of more exotic fruits like loquats, lychees, guava and sapodilla – a berry-like fruit believed to originate in Yucatan. Choose to stay at the Hacienda Castilla during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Colombia and you will be able to relax in a traditional hacienda and gain a glimpse of the pace of life during the country’s colonial era.
Hacienda Castilla, at a glance
- Traditional family hacienda converted into a luxurious boutique property
- Set in glorious grounds and within easy reach of Matecana International Airport
- Choice of expansive double and twin bed rooms, many with shuttered windows and colourful artwork
- Colonial period décor with tiled floors, thick white walls and a shaded, wrap-around veranda with hammocks
- Stylish white, en suite bathrooms
- Dining room serving regional specialities and international dishes
For leisure and pleasure
- Cool swimming pool with tiled sun decks, loungers and parasols
- Solacio area offers massages and treatments with natural essences created to soothe your body and soul
- Tranquil courtyard with fountain and picturesque lily pond
- Gardens with shady trees and flowering plants
- Great base for visiting the nearby towns of Pereira and Cerritos