Hacienda San Jose is your direct gateway to experiencing the atmosphere of a centuries-old, family-owned hacienda. It’s also the doorway to a superb nature lovers’ holiday.
The very walls are redolent with history. Three centuries of it, in fact. The original, ‘tapia pisada’ walls of the ground floor date back to Spanish colonial times, whilst the building’s second ‘bareque’ floor is from the younger Antioquia period. The great grandfather of the current owners created Hacienda San Jose back in 1888. So don’t be surprised to be welcomed into a gem of a hotel with a real family atmosphere.
But history isn’t the only reason to stay at the Hacienda San Jose on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Colombia. The surrounding countryside is home to a bewildering display of indigenous and visiting birds. It also has nature trails that wander through habitats favoured by armadillo and sloth, iguanas and squirrels, butterflies and the elusive ocelot.
Hacienda San Jose, at a glance
- Genuine, family-owned hacienda dating back three centuries
- Just 10 minutes from Matecana Pereira Airport
- Choice of only eight bedrooms, including six suites
- Standard rooms have modern rustic furnishings and décor, en suite bathrooms and satellite TVs
- Suites are individually named, with period furnishings and typically feature double and single beds, spectacular bathrooms and terrific views over the pool and gardens through colonial-style windows
- Fine restaurant with extensive menu of international cuisine and regional specialities
For leisure and pleasure
- Great open air swimming pool and sunbathing area
- Spa offering a range of stress relieving treatments and massage
- Explore the surrounding countryside with its gourd plants and kapok trees
- Fantastic birdwatching with over 100 indigenous and migratory species
- Hike along picturesque nature trails to see sloths, armadillos, iguanas, squirrels, butterflies and perhaps even ocelot
- Horse riding through one of the country’s largest reserves of Colombian bamboo