On the edge of the magnificent Tayrona National Park, is the secluded Villa Playa. A charming boutique hotel offering guests access to the beautiful beaches, lush rainforest and tropical waters of Colombia’s Caribbean coast.
Villa Playa is just 2km from the entrance to the Tayrona National Park and only a 30km drive to the closest town and airport in Santa Marta. The hotel is in an incredibly private spot, away from the popular beach of El Cabo San Juan, but just a 5 minute walk from the hotel's own private beach, Los Naranjos.
Built in a secluded bay, Villa Playa overlooks the mouth of the Rio Piedra meeting the cooling waters of the Caribbean Sea. Surrounded by tropical palms and cooling breeze, the hotel is ideal for those looking for a chance to catch their breath. The hotel's private pool is the perfect spot to cool off after a morning exploring the Tayrona National Park, where there are a huge number of trails, wildlife and even indigenous groups.
There are just six suites, each simply decorated, using local woods, Colombian artwork and white linens. Each of the rooms has an impressive view of the nearby Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, one of the highest coastal mountain ranges in the world.
Villa Playa, at a glance
- Chic boutique hotel in a private and secluded location
- Only 5 rooms, all with views of the Sierra Nevada mountain range
- Own private beach and private swimming pool
- Just a 5 minute drive to the entrance of the Tayrona National Park
- Close to Santa Marta airport, which has good domestic and international connections
- 5 hour drive from Cartagena
For leisure and pleasure
- Relax on the private beach or by the pool
- Explore the famous Tayrona National Park, famous for its biodiversity, beautiful beaches, coves and local communities
- Discover the surrounding Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta. Home to a huge number of bird species and other local indigenous groups
- Take an afternoon to recharge in the hammocks and sofas in the main lounge area