An endlessly charming, family-owned hacienda and farm immersed in the countryside just 90 minutes from Guayaquil.
Whilst being within easy reach of the city, Hacienda La Danesa feels wonderfully out of the way with its 500 hectares of working farmland. A stay here is a chance to experience authentic rural life in Ecuador, and an opportunity to fill your days with river tubing, laidback hikes and horseback rides alongside buffaloes. A range of half and full day excursions are also on offer and include chocolate workshops, cloud forest tours and wildlife watching in the Churute Mangroves Ecological Reserve.
Understated luxury defines each of the cosy guestrooms with their wood-beamed ceilings and rustic stonework. Whilst in-room dining is available, meals are typically enjoyed family-style around large wooden tables in the dining room. Guests are treated to real farm-to-table cooking showcasing fresh, organic produce from the gardens, dairy and local markets.
Hacienda La Danesa, at a glance
• Historic family-operated hacienda in the south of Ecuador close to the town of Naranjito
• Founded in 1870 and set on a 500-hectare estate
• Six guestrooms ranging from restored stables to heritage bedrooms and garden cottages
• Wooden beams and authentic Ecuadorian furnishings
• Warm and genuine hospitality
• Fresh farm-to-table cuisine using produce off the farm and local markets
• Accessible by road, train and helicopter
• 90 minutes’ drive from Guayaquil
• Environmentally friendly practises
For leisure and pleasure
• Cookery classes
• Yoga and meditation
• Hiking and biking
• Chocolate workshops
• Beehive experience
• Horseback riding
• Excursions to the Ingapirca Ruins, Guamote Market, Cuenca, Cajas National Park and Churute Mangroves Ecological Reserve
• Bird watching tours in the cloud forest
• In-room and private dining