Stand in the main courtyard of the Hacienda San Augustin de Callo and you’ll be engulfed in the history of Ecuador. Beside you will be a 15th century, Imperial Inca wall. The Hacienda is 18th century Spanish Colonial and Republican in style.
Beyond the Hacienda’s thick stone walls lie wooded plains quickly leading to the magnificent, white-topped Cotopaxi volcano – part of the Andes range – and gorgeous countryside studded with charming traditional villages.
All just an hour from Ecuador’s capital.
Hacienda San Augustin, at a glance
- Three distinct buildings on a working farm
- Six individually designed sites
- Five superb double rooms with en suites and fireplaces
- Drawing room with views of the Andes
- Dining room
- Inca Chapel with 17th century ceiling
- Stone-flagged courtyard and gardens
For leisure and pleasure
- Working farm with extensive gardens
- Horse riding to local villages
- Trout fishing
- Mountain biking on Cotopaxi