Cruise the Galapagos Islands aboard the Origin or Theory, and observe the species that inspired Charles Darwin to change the way the world thinks about evolution.
No wonder these far-flung islands transfixed Charles Darwin; for it was here, whilst watching species like the flightless cormorant and marine iguana, that the Victorian scientist found the inspiration for his world-changing book ‘On The Origin of Species’.
On the Origin, or its brand-new sister ship the Theory, you can cruise in complete luxury to these enchanted islands populated by red-footed and Nazca boobies, magnificent frigate birds, waved albatross, whales and dolphins. You’ll be able to go kayaking, swim with sea lions, walk alongside giant tortoises and snorkel with charming Galapagos penguins.
You’ll also explore volcanic landscapes and gain a genuine insight into the remarkable creatures that surround you, thanks to the knowledge of expert naturalists who will take you on various guided excursions through the Galapagos National Park. At the end of each day, you’ll be welcomed back on board to relax, discuss the day’s adventures and enjoy gourmet food prepared by top chefs.
Origin and Theory, at a glance
• Identical luxury expedition vessels designed to be at the forefront of sustainable cruising in the Galapagos Islands
• 142-foot long yachts built to carry 20 passengers in supreme comfort
• Each vessel has a choice of 10 deluxe staterooms arranged on the main deck
• Eco-friendly features combine with stylish furnishings and high-end amenities
• Huge windows for panoramic views of the ocean and passing islands
• Modern bathrooms with rainfall showers, dual flush toilets and plush towels
• Sun deck with bar, day beds and woven hammocks
• Jacuzzi and well-equipped fitness centre
• Indoor and outdoor observation decks for watching wildlife and socialising
• Kayaks, snorkelling equipment and wet suits
• Expeditions on Zodiacs and glass-bottomed boats with two expert naturalists
• Low guide to passenger ratio of just 1 to 10 (when more than 16 passengers on board)
• Cosy library and boutique
• First class cuisine
• Price includes all beverages with open bar policy
• The only Relais & Châteaux yachts operating in the Galapagos
Where will the Origin and Theory take you?
• 7-night ‘South Central Cruise’ (San Cristobal, Espanola, Floreana, Santa Cruz, Bartolomé, South Plaza and North Seymour)
• 7-night ‘Northern Western Cruise’ (San Cristobal, Genovesa, Santa Cruz, Isabela, Fernandina and Rabida)