Operating two luxurious river vessels, Akakonda Amazon Cruises will transport you along pristine waterways to some of the most diverse and secluded corners of the Ecuadorian Amazon.
Promising comfort and style in the depths of the wilderness, sister river boats Anakonda and Manatee carry 40 and 30 passengers respectively. Both come beautifully appointed with air-conditioned, river-facing cabins, private bathrooms and ample social areas that include a dining room, lounge and sun deck where you can drink in the wonderful rainforest views. For a slightly more classic feel, the Anakonda has additional concierge services and a la carte dining menus.
Venturing deep into the Ecuadorian Amazon on 4, 5 and 8-day itineraries, guests have the opportunity to explore four different protected areas including Yasuni National Park, the Cuyabeno Reserve, Limoncocha Biological Reserve and Pañacocha Biological Corridor. With activities that include exciting nocturnal rainforest walks with expert naturalist guides, birdwatching, kayaking and insightful interactions with the region’s indigenous communities, each itinerary offers ample opportunity to immerse yourself in these incredible regions. You’ll be able to explore smaller channels, and get even closer to wildlife on motorised canoes.
Anakonda Amazon Cruises, at a glance
- Two stylish sister river boats traversing the Ecuadorian Amazon
- The Anakonda has capacity for 40 guests in 18 cabins, while the Manatee has capacity for 30 in 14 cabins
- All beautifully appointed cabins are ensuites with floor-to-ceiling windows framing the river and rainforest
- Both ships have an observation/sun deck with an outdoor hot tub and stunning views
- Delicious food served in panoramic restaurants
- Small team of expert naturalist guides, with a ratio of one guide to 10 guests
- Activities include rainforest walks, kayaking, canoeing, camping, cooking lessons, swimming and the chance to connect with the local community
- Expert birding guides and tailored itineraries and timings are available for ornithologist groups
- Sustainability focussed, Anakonda Cruises has conservation programs in partnership with local communities
Where will Anakonda Amazon Cruises take you?
- Choice of 4, 5 and 8-day itineraries exploring the upper Amazon basin deep into the Ecuadorian rainforest
- Guests are able to visit up to four protected areas including Yasuni National Park, Cuyabeno Reserve, Limoncocha and the Pañacocha Biological Corridor