But this is not an English stately home, this is a Peruvian-style casa. So make Arequipa part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Peru and, when you arrive at Casa Andina, you’ll be confronted with thick, ochre walls, an imposing entrance with a great, iron-studded door and decorative grilled windows.
The hotel’s interior reinforces your first impression. The lobby is a massive, hewn-stone affair and there’s a graceful inner courtyard framed by monumental pillars supporting huge, rounded arches, a central fountain and grand staircase.
Choose one of the casa’s grander suites and you’ll be sleeping in a chamber with a vaulted stone ceiling, chandelier, rounded arch leading to a sitting room and a rich array of hand crafted furnishings that reflect the local Peruvian idiom.
Casa Andina, at a glance
- Former ‘Casa de la Moneda’ in a prestigious central setting
- Choice of 40 guest rooms in the modern wing and three suites in the old casa
- Suites have stone flagging and high, rounded ceilings and arches leading to private sitting rooms
- All rooms have beautiful modern en suite bathrooms
- Peruvian-style furnishings
- Wonderful Cocina Viva restaurant serving regional specialities
For leisure and pleasure
- Good spa offering a range of treatments and massages
- Great base for exploring the 468 year old city of Arequipa – entitled the White City after its traditional buildings built from white stone
- Close to many fine examples of colonial Spanish and indigenous culture
- Designated a ‘Human Heritage Site’ by UNESCO
- Surrounded by three majestic volcanoes