Sunrise over Lake Titicaca is a picture of colour thrown with careless ease over a canvas of pale blue sky. At sunset, you’ll have the majesty of a Turner.
Formerly the Libertador hotel, the GHL Hotel Lago Titicaca offers guests breath-taking views over the vast expanse of the world’s highest navigable lake.
This luxurious hotel is perfectly situated on an island at the extreme end of the lake, in beautiful Puno Bay. So you have an endless expanse of sparkling water stretching away in front of your eyes. It’s a direct invitation to set sail from the hotel's private pier and discover a few of the lake’s enchanting islands. Or cruise over to the archaeological site at Sillustani and unearth some fascinating insights into the ancient civilisation of the Tiwanaku people. And then return in the evening to dine on Andean specialities and authentic Peruvian dishes.
Hotel Lago Titicaca, at a glance
- Formerly the Libertador hotel
- Located on a private island in the Bay of Puno
- Just 45 minutes from Juliaca International Airport
- Choice of 123 superior rooms and suites
- Rooms are spacious with partial city or lake views and en suite bathrooms
- Suites have lounge areas and spectacular views over Lake Titicaca
- King-size beds, air conditioning and TVs
- Uros Restaurant serving a menu of Andean specialities, traditional Peruvian dishes and international cuisine, plus lively Taquile Bar with pool table
For leisure and pleasure
- Spa with wellness and pampering area offering an indulgent range of treatments
- 24 hour gym and fitness centre with cardiovascular equipment
- Jacuzzi and dry sauna
- Observation deck giving unrivalled lake views and photographic opportunities
- Private pier for boating and island hopping to Uros, Taquile and Amantani
- Archaeological expeditions to Sillustani – site of the Tiwanaku culture – just 34 km from the city of Puno
- Gift shop selling folk art, alpaca fashionwear and genuine local mementos