It is no coincidence that the most charming and photogenic areas of many cities are often their oldest parts. Montevideo is no exception. Its old quarter is its living history, with architecture that stands witness to eras past, as well as more than a dozen museums and galleries that give you an insight into many aspects of Montevideo’s previous lives.
Make sure you stay in the aptly-named Alma Historical Boutique Hotel during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Uruguay and you will be part of this rich history. It’s the sort of place that combines a tasteful dedication to excellence with paying homage to Uruguay’s identity. Its rooms and suites, for example, are individually decorated to celebrate famous Uruguayan figures whilst creating a relaxed, sophisticated atmosphere.
Alma Historical Boutique Hotel, at a glance
- Boutique hotel designed to reflect the style and history of Montevideo
- Opposite the acclaimed Plaza Zabala
- Choice of 15 classic and superior rooms and suites
- Classic and superior rooms have individual décor commemorating celebrated Uruguayans ranging from actresses to artists
- Suites have large terraces with magnificent views over the historic city and exquisite ceramic and wood furnishings
- En suite bathrooms throughout
- Breakfast service, plus lounge bar and coffee shop
For leisure and pleasure
- The perfect base for discovering the historic quarter of world famous Montevideo
- Within easy reach of no less than 13 different museums, ranging from the Museo Nacional de Historia Natural to the Museo del Carnaval
- Close to three beautiful squares
- Near to the quarter’s buzzing restaurants, cafés and bistros, plus sightseeing opportunities like Puerta de la Ciudadela, Mausoleo de Artigas, Palacio Salvo, Templo Ingles, El Cabildo and Teatro Solis