Step into the old world charm of La Misión; a grand, eighteenth century house in the midst of but secluded from the vibrancy of Sacramentos old town.
For many years Colonia del Sacramento was the only Portuguese settlement on the River Plate, and the atmosphere created by those early settlers lives on in picturesque, winding streets opening out into elegant squares and secret courtyards. Colourfully painted villas and cobbled streets add to the charm.
Sacramento is a short hop across the River Plate from Buenos Aires, so it’s a busy, vibrant city with plenty to do and see. La Misión, with its tree-framed entrance opening out into a quiet courtyard with an original well, provides you with the perfect opportunity to revel in the town - then step back and enjoy your own piece of serenity, whenever you want.
La Misión, at a glance
- Situated in the centre of the historic town – a UNESCO heritage site
- Choice of 12 rooms with original stone walls and traditional tiled floors
- Modern amenities include en suite bathrooms, air conditioning and room service
- 24 hour medical coverage and babysitting
For leisure and pleasure
- A prime setting on the Colonia del Sacramento peninsula
- Minutes from the banks of the River Plate
- Easy walking distance from Plaza Mayor
- A few blocks from the yacht marina and old city
- Set amidst the town’s busy restaurants, art and craft bazaars, museums and sites