Located in the depths of the jungle, the Mulu Marriott Resort & Spa brings luxurious comfort and a touch of elegance to Sarawak’s lush rainforest.
Inspired by the area’s longhouses, the guestrooms are linked together by a series of wooden walkways and are raised above the ground on stilts. Interiors feature locally crafted furniture, large bathrooms with separate tubs and showers, and private balconies where you can contemplate the rainforest or Melinau River. For extra comfort, stay in the sumptuous Presidential Suite which has its own sitting and dining area as well as kitchenette.
The property sits within five minutes of the enchanting Gunung Mulu National Park where you’ll find jagged peaks, dramatic limestone pinnacles, gushing waterfalls and the famous Deer Cave. Not to mention an impressive array of interesting flora and fauna. When you’re not exploring the rainforest, you could enjoy a swim in the outdoor pool or take some time in the tranquil Balinese spa surrounded by lush greenery.
Mulu Marriott Resort & Spa, at a glance
- Polished resort well placed on the banks of the Melinau River
- 88 beautifully-appointed guestrooms and suites in the style of longhouses
- Locally designed furnishings, white walls, polished teak and colourful textiles
- Bright bathrooms with deep tubs, showers and plush bathrobes
- Private balconies overlooking the rainforest or Melinau River
- Alfresco dining at the laidback Marriott Cafe which serves delicious international cuisine as well as local favourites
- Stylish River Bar offering cocktails as well as light bites for lunch and dinner To keep your environmental footprint to a minimum the hotel has its own water treatment plant
- To keep your environmental footprint to a minimum the hotel has its own water treatment plant
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore the nearby caves of World Heritage-listed Gunung Mulu National Park
- Full-service spa offering natural treatments including massages, facials, foot baths and manicures/pedicures
24-hour fitness centre
- Outdoor swimming pool and spacious sundeck
- Longboat cruises and kayaking on the picturesque Melinau River
- Fly fishing
- Rock climbing
- Bike rentals
- Mulu canopy skywalk - the world’s longest tree based canopy walk