The Strand Cruise is, in all respects, worthy of her repute. She is one of the most modern and stylish river cruisers to be found on the mighty Ayeyarwady River, and one of the most luxurious. You will be able to lounge on her sun deck, blue sky above and a pool at your feet. You’ll dine on the finest cuisine whilst enjoying magnificent views of the river and its picturesque banks. You’ll be pampered - body and soul - in a wellness spa and can exercise in a well-appointed gym. Your cabin will be a symphony of modern design, teak floors and Burmese craftsmanship. Not to mention floor-to-ceiling windows, designer en suite bathroom and a round-the-clock butler service.
And then there are the destinations and shore excursions. From your floating hotel on the great Elephant River you’ll be able to explore Myanmar with its villages steeped in history, its fantastic architecture and its hundreds of temples and stupas. Just as breath-taking is Bagan, dating back to the 9th century – a capital of stupas and pagodas – and Mandalay. The Royal Cities of Mingun, Amarapura, Sagaing and Ava will astonish you with their ethereal beauty and history, whilst Tant Kyi Taung’s Glass Monastery is simply unmissable.
Strand Cruise, at a glance
- One of the most stylish and modern cruise ships on the Ayeyarwady River
- Choice of hotel-style guest rooms and suites
- Designer en suite bathrooms
- Floor-to-ceiling windows offering huge, panoramic views
- 24 hour butler service
- Swimming pool and sun deck
- Wellness and pampering spa
- Fitness room and gym
- Choice of Strand Restaurant or al fresco dining, both featuring international and fine Asian dining
- Sarkies Bar plus a judiciously-chosen wine cellar
- Complete programme of informative and entertaining activities
- Upper deck lectures and demonstrations on the history, art and culture of the riverside communities
- Interactive workshops, dances and cocktail parties
Where will the Strand Cruise take you?
- Mandalay to Bagan, 3 night cruise
- Bagan to Mandalay, 4 night cruise
- View detailed example itinerary >>