At Knai Bang Chatt, seventies-style architecture combines with 21st century facilities, timeless local cuisine, a superb beachside setting and a chilled atmosphere – creating complete relaxation.
The architecture could have come straight from the 1970s. Angular shapes and huge open frames revealing panoramic stretches of ocean. Polished floors and romantically tented beds set on trestle platforms. They all conspire to give Knai Bang Chatt its own style. Everywhere you look you’ll find some feature that creates a sense of wonder – this is not a formulaic international hotel.
Visit during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Cambodia and you’ll find it’s not just the design that benefits from individuality and character. The hotel’s cuisine is a unique combination of Cambodian and Khmer specialities and international dishes – and its atmosphere is an engaging mix of careful attention to detail, attentive but nonintrusive service and feel-at-home relaxation. Amplified by the closeness of the Gulf of Thailand.
Knai Bang Chatt, at a glance
- Small, luxury resort on the edge of the Gulf of Thailand
- Close to the Vietnamese border
- Choice of 18 individual rooms with their own character, arranged in four villas
- Some have large terraces with sea views
- Many feature very high specification en suite bathrooms
- First floor rooms are mostly double-sized with exceptional sea views
- The Strand Restaurant offers seafood, Khmer-style specialities and first rate international cuisine, whilst the Sailing Club is more informal; set in fishermen’s cottages on the seafront
For leisure and pleasure
- Outstanding infinity edge swimming pool with interesting driftwood sofas and magnificent views over the Gulf of Thailand
- Spa providing relaxing, restorative and pampering therapies and massage
- Computer, library and video room with movie projector
- Hobie Cats sailing and kayaking
- Beachfront chill out area and beachcombing
- Visits to nearby islands and caving expeditions
- Tours to Bokor National Park
- Trips to castaway Rabbit Island including beachfront barbecues