Bali is good for the soul. Especially if you stay in a chic, serene hotel surrounded by tiered rice paddies, close to the centre of Bali’s most creative town.
What will you create? Will it be a masterpiece of authentic Balinese cuisine taught to you by a top chef? Will you paint Bali’s flowing rice paddies and ethereal countryside with a palette of greens? Will you photograph the atmosphere and extraordinary architecture of Ubud’s temples and covered market place? Or will you simply create a personal collection of vivid memories of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Bali?
Stay at Chedi Club Tanah Gajah and you’ll have ample opportunity to be inspired. The hotel overlooks the wonderful tiered paddy fields and rich countryside that surrounds Ubud, yet is close to the town that is regarded as the spiritual and creative centre of Bali. Chedi Club also offers you villas with private pools, world class cuisine and space to relax.
Chedi Club, at a glance
- Modern rustic/chic hotel set in five hectares of luxuriant tropical gardens
- Within easy reach of the centre of the creative town of Ubud
- Choice of just 20 individual villas all decorated with artwork from a respected private collection
- Many have private pools or spa pools
- Superb views over the lotus pond, gardens or rice paddies
- Cool tiled floors and sleek interior design using traditional themes
- Patios with outdoor seating
- Open air restaurant offering excellent Balinese food and stupendous views over the countryside
For leisure and pleasure
- Large swimming pool ‘guarded’ by three sentinel fountains
- Spa set on the edge of paddy fields, offering authentic Balinese massage and healing treatments
- Serene base for immersing yourself in the galleries, markets and extraordinary temples of Ubud
- Performances of Kecak – the traditional Balinese dance – in the hotel’s own amphitheatre
- Leisurely walks beside the romantic lotus pool
- Afternoon tea rituals
- Trekking amongst the rice paddies
- Cookery classes with a top chef