The Hanging Gardens of Babylon were one of the wonders of the ancient word. The Hanging Gardens of Bali are one of the marvels of modern day Indonesia.
Tumbling through the Balinese jungle in tier after tier of profuse trees and fragrant bushes, the Hanging Gardens of Bali seems like a natural extension of the forest. Flame trees and orchids fire your eyes with vivid colour. Cocoa and coffee trees provide fragrant shade. Stands of bamboo and ancient rice terraces present you with the classic image of Indonesia. Views from the edge of the valley sweep over the Ayung River and the atmospheric Dalem Segara Temple.
But pure scenic beauty isn’t the only reason to include the Hanging Gardens in your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Indonesia. The resort has an irresistible, two-tier cascading infinity edge swimming pool. A setting that puts Bali’s most spiritual town within easy reach. And cuisine that is amongst the best on the island.
Hanging Gardens of Bali, at a glance
- Ultimately luxurious resort set amongst the jungle of a Balinese hillside
- Choice of 44 private villas, all with contemporary Balinese décor and signature, hand-crafted furniture
- Designer en suite bathrooms – some indoor/outdoor
- Open air dining areas
- Many villas have breath-taking views over the Ayung River and cascading waterfalls, or immediate access to the two-tiered swimming pool
- Family villa arranged over two floors with day beds in the tree tops
- Art Cuisine presents you with a series of gastronomic adventures in sublime surroundings
For leisure and pleasure
- ‘The world’s best swimming pool’ according to Trip Advisor and Condé Nast
- Spa with bales overlooking the Ayung River
- Treatments using natural, local ingredients combined with traditional techniques
- Afternoon tea served in the jungle
- Gourmet picnics beside the river
- Candlelit dining at the sacred Dalem Segara Temple
- Spiritual journeys from the top of the valley to Ubud’s Padmasana Temple
- Soul-cleansing Melukat ceremonies performed by a local Mangku
- Balinese cookery lessons
- Guided jungle walks in the early morning