Words like ‘magical’ and ‘mystical’ are too readily used by travel writers. In the context of Plataran Borobudur they barely seem adequate.
Your first impressions, when you arrive at this beautiful resort and spa, tucked away in the heart of a mature teak forest, are of tranquillity and serenity.
Sometimes, first impressions are entirely right. The resort itself, the temple, the mountain standing majestically in the background and the teak forest all conspire together to give you a glimpse of somewhere both magical and mystical.
Plataran Borobudur’s collection of pool or garden villas, a private cabana bungalow and a unique Javanese joglo does nothing to dispel the impression, with their cool style, traditional roots and serene views.
Plataran Borobudur, at a glance
- The best view available of the famous Borobudur Temple Complex
- Choice of three pool or garden villas, plus a paddy field private cabana bungalow and a Javanese joglo
- Most with charming gardens and certain room with private pools
- Patio restaurant plus terrace with sweeping views of the temple
For leisure and pleasure
- Padma spa and yoga club
- Excellent main swimming pool
- Renowned local cuisine
- Borobudur cultural centre theatre
- Spa experience includes traditional Javanese, Samyaksamadhi ritual and Kemiri massage
- Cultural tours including classical Javanese dance, nine dragons storytelling, silent walk round the ramparts plus traditional festivals, ballet and puppet shows