You step out of your pavilion and onto the boarded walkway leading to the river, to be surrounded by the sounds of the forest. And, later, orangutans.
If coming face-to-face with orangutans is high on your agenda of must-experience events, you should put Rimba Lodge on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Indonesia.
Perched on the picturesque banks of the majestic Sekonyer River, Rimba Orangutan Ecolodge can only be reached by boat and is surrounded by dense, noisy and biodiverse forest. Built in the form of a series of elevated pavilions - interlinked by stilted walkways that curve through the forest - the wooden lodge forms a natural part of the environment; giving you the sensation of being outdoors, even when you’re relaxing in your room or lazing on your own, covered veranda.
But the star feature of Rimba Lodge has to be it close proximity to Tanjung Harapan – where you’ll meet beautiful, gentle, all-knowing orangutans.
Rimba Lodge, at a glance
- A true jungle lodge on the banks of the Sekonyer River
- Only accessible by boat from the Port of Kumai
- Just 32 rooms arranged in the a lodge and five pavilions, connected to the main buildings by stilted, wooden walkways
- Covered verandas and walkways down to the river
- Tented beds and air conditioning or fans
- Excellent forest restaurant and alcohol-free lounge bar
For leisure and pleasure
- A few minutes by boat from the orangutan feeding station at Tanjung Harapan
- Eco guide for forest tours
- Brilliant bird watching with knowledgeable guide
- Forest picnics
- Cultural and eco visits to local communities
- Eco-friendly and eco-certified
- Dedicated to long term conservation and sustainable development