Ubud is the spiritual capital of Bali and its temples and countryside will inspire your soul. And The Samaya will take care of your mind and body.
Amble along the main street of Ubud, calling in at busy markets and tiny local shops and you’ll experience the authentic Balinese lifestyle away from the busy beaches. Stroll barefoot and wrapped in a sarong around one of Ubud’s extraordinary temples and you’ll understand why this town is such a definite must-see on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Bali. Especially if you plan to stay at The Samaya.
This is a luxurious resort, even by Balinese standards, with villas featuring their own pools and a spa that takes relaxation to an entirely new level. And then there’s its cuisine. The two exquisite restaurants are only part of the story; there are romantic riverside and 100 candle dinners, seafood barbecues, spa picnics and even master classes in Balinese-style cooking.
The Samaya, at a glance
- Superb resort within easy reach of the centre of Ubud
- Choice of villas arranged on the side of a gentle hill
- All feature either private lap pools or generous swimming pools
- Sweeping views of the valley, verdant hillsides and tiered rice paddies
- Ultra comfortable with designer en suite bathrooms and stylish interiors
- Larger villas have two or three double bedrooms with en suites
- Two restaurants presenting you with Indonesian and Balinese specialities, plus dining options that include romantic candle lit dinners, poolside rendezvous dinners, spa picnics, 100 candle dinners and seafood barbecues
For leisure and pleasure
- Glorious swimming pool
- Exceptional spa featuring treatments from around the world, including the sensational Ritual of Touch and Pevonia Botanica techniques
- Well-equipped gymnasium
- Balinese cookery classes
- Biking and hiking around the hills and rice fields
- Happy hour with entertaining cultural demonstrations and presentations
- Daily shuttle service into Ubud giving you ample opportunity to explore Bali’s most spiritual city