Cast away from the bustling busy world and far from your normal life. But within a few steps you could be surrounded by international class luxury.
On the edge of the Mekong, La Folie Lodge is a romantically positioned hotel, surrounded by Laotian landscapes and tropical gardens. Dong Daeng Island has a worthy place on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Laos, for its natural beauty, peace and tranquillity, and for its immaculate La Folie Lodge. A peaceful haven within the UNESCO protected area of the Vat Phu.
Discover the very best of Southern-Laos traditional lifestyle and hospitality . The elegant hotel restaurant serves the finest regional delicacies sourced from local markets, farms and their own organic garden.
La Folie Lodge, at a glance
- Wonderful, lodge-style hotel on a picturesque island in the Mekong River
- Choice of 24 large and comfortable, wood panelled bedrooms arranged in 12 rustic bungalows, plus a two bedroom residence
- Set in verdant tropical gardens
- Furnished with local materials
- Some balconies have stunning river views and panoramas of the sacred hills of Vat Phou
- Excellent restaurant serving local specialities
For leisure and pleasure
- Great swimming pool
- Island setting within Champassak Cultural and Natural Heritage Landscape
- Visits to pre-Angkorian ruins
- 20 minute boat trips to Vat Phou
- Good bird watching on the island
- Traditional, seasonal local ceremonies and celebrations
- Bike rides to local ruins
- Superb walks to island cascades