Breathtaking views from ‘the Hill of Kites’, with astonishing insights into the fascinating Buddhist city and ex-royal capital of Luang Prbang.
It is indeed fortunate that the suites at La Résidence Phou Vao have either private terraces or individual balconies. Because the views from its setting on Phou Vao (the Hill of Kites) have to be seen – and photographed again and again – to be believed.
Similarly, beyond the cool, luxurious interiors of La Résidence Phou Vao, lies a town of wonderment. Buddhist rituals, processions of monks, fascinating little streets leading to fantastic temples and monasteries, an unmissable night market and a bustling day-life all await you in Luang Prabang.
La Résidence Phou Vao, at a glance
- Picturesque setting on the slopes of Phou Vao
- Only two km from the heart of the former royal capital
- Choice of suites overlooking the gardens, pool, mountain or Old City
- Superb Pou Savanh restaurant with terrace serving the best in Laotian cuisine
- Great ‘sunset’ bar with sweeping views and excellent cocktails
For leisure and pleasure
- Open air spa beside a water lily pool
- Infinity, cliff-edge swimming pool
- Mekong spa arranged in two, lakeside pavilions
- Steam room
- Tours arranged to impressive local waterfalls, villages and surrounding countryside, including boat tours along the Mekong
- Bicycle picnics
- Laotian cookery classes