It takes a matter of minutes before you feel at home in the Sisouk. And at that moment you realise why it’s called a Residence rather than a hotel.
Mind you, it is a home quite unlike the one you’re used to - unless, of course, you happen to live in the centre of the colourful city of Pakse, overlooking the wide Sedone River. Or have bedrooms with curtained beds and floor-to-ceiling windows that give you glimpses of hard-paddled races between teams of Laotians in traditional 18-man canoes.
Specify Residence Sisouk on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Laos and you find that, as well as being a delightful home away from home, Residence Sisouk charms in other ways too. With extremely stylish but simple décor. With highly polished hard wood floors. With a setting that puts you in the midst of all the life and energy of Pakse – one of Southern Laos’s most colourful and involving cities.
Residence Pakse, at a glance
- Genuinely welcoming, family residence-style hotel in the centre of Pakse
- Just 16 individually furnished rooms
- Decorated in a traditionally simple but very stylish manner
- Double rooms have four poster beds, high ceilings and great views from balconies planted with flowers
- Standard rooms feature colonial furniture and parquet flooring
- All have air conditioning, WiFi and flat screen TVs
- Scenic view lounge bar and terrace restaurant serving local and French cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb base for exploring the markets, shops, historic sites and buildings, restaurants and cafés of Pakse
- Convenient for excursions to Suan Sinouk coffee plantation and gardens, Bolovens Plateau rural area and the fabulous Vat Phu Khmer sanctuary
- Golf available at the technically demanding, 18 hole Pakse course