On Langkawi Island you could venture into the 750 hectare rainforest on the lookout for flying squirrels and leaf monkeys.
Or you could gain a different perspective on the jungle and walk with a local medicine man who will show you the vast array of medicinal plants and explain their various uses. But you could simply relax; the rainforest surrounding Datai Langkawi has a hidden spa with four open air villas where you could take a hibiscus bath whilst listening to jungle birdsong.
And Langkawi Island has other ways of relaxing you. The beach, for example, is as fine as powder and the Andaman Sea is warm and welcoming. And the Datai Langkawi itself is ultimately luxurious – making it the perfect choice for your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Malaysia.
The Datai Langkawi, at a glance
- Outstanding, tranquil resort surrounded by the profuse rainforest of lovely Langkawi Island
- Choice of 122 luxurious guest rooms, suites and villas arranged in three inspired collections
- Canopy Collection accommodations have balconies that bring the rainforest canopy – and its exotic birds – to your eye level
- Rainforest Collection villas bring you close to jungle creatures like leaf monkeys and squirrels
- Beach Collection villas are immersed in rainforest, but put the powdery fine white beach and Andaman Sea at your feet
- Six tempting dining options – all offering exquisite forays into different culinary traditions
For leisure and pleasure
- Large, adult-only swimming pool
- Datai Spa offering four open air villas in a rainforest sanctuary complete with natural stream
- Nature excursions through the 750 hectare rainforest to see flying squirrels, colugos and leaf monkeys
- Jungle tours with a local medicine man
- Snorkelling, wind surfing, sea kayaking and sail boats
- Sailing cruises across the Andaman Sea aboard the Naga Pelangi
- Superb golf on a beautiful course at the nearby Els Club
- Malay and Thai cookery classes and batik workshops
- Datai Boutique offering books, art and jewellery