Days at the Datai Langkawi can be spent stretched out on perfect beaches, swimming in azure waters and trekking through an ancient rainforest on the lookout for flying squirrels and leaf monkeys.
You could gain a different perspective on the jungle by exploring after dark with a resident naturalist, or cruise the island’s beautiful coastline on a traditional sailing boat. You could take a cookery class or even try your hand at windsurfing. Or you could simply relax; the 10-million-year-old virgin rainforest surrounding the resort has several hidden spa villas where you could take a hibiscus bath whilst listening to jungle birdsong.
And Langkawi Island has other ways of relaxing you. The beach of Datai Bay, for example, is as fine as powder and the Andaman Sea is warm and welcoming. And the Datai Langkawi itself is ultimately luxurious, making it the perfect choice for your tailor-made holiday to Malaysia. Reopening in 2018 following a major refurbishment, the Datai will unveil beautifully remodelled interiors, exteriors and dining spaces, as well as a brand new five-bedroom villa called The Datai Estate, complete with a games room, 24-hour butler service and a private chef.
Datai Langkawi, at a glance
- Outstanding, tranquil resort surrounded by the profuse rainforest of lovely Langkawi Island
- Choice of 121 luxurious, recently refurbished guest rooms, suites and villas arranged in three inspired collections
- Canopy Collection accommodations have balconies that bring the rainforest canopy – and its exotic birds – to your eye level
- Rainforest Collection villas bring you closer to jungle creatures like leaf monkeys and squirrels
- Backed by the rainforest, Beach Collection villas put the powdery white beach and Andaman Sea at your feet
- Wide range of dining options – all offering exquisite forays into different culinary traditions
For leisure and pleasure
- Two swimming pools, a state-of-the-art gym, tennis courts and yoga pavilion
- New Nature Centre allowing guests to learn more about the surroundings alongside resident naturalists and marine biologists
- Datai Spa offering four open-air villas and one air conditioned treatment room in a rainforest sanctuary beside a natural stream
- Nature excursions and trekking through the rainforest to see flying squirrels, colugos and leaf monkeys
- Snorkelling, wind surfing, sea kayaking, deep sea fishing and boat charters
- Sailing cruises across the Andaman Sea aboard the Naga Pelangi
- Superb golf on a beautiful 18-hole course at the nearby Els Club
- Private dining on the beach or in the rainforest
- Datai Boutique offering books, art and jewellery