Once you’ve seen the golden beach, fringing the irresistible Indian Ocean, there’ll be no question of missing out on some prolonged swimming and sun worshipping sessions.
But be warned, put Amara Ocean Resort on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Myanmar and you’ll have some tough decisions to face. Will you spend the morning stretched out on the soft sandy beach, or beside the pool with a coffee or chilled beer? Will you visit the mangrove river, or go island-hopping by boat? Or will you go fishing for barracuda and tuna? Will you hike or bike? Will you play golf, or take to the forest to watch exotic birds amidst indigenous flora?
There is, of course, an easy answer; simply extend your stay and do it all!
Amara Ocean Resort, at a glance
- Exceptional beach setting next to the Indian Ocean
- Choice of 24 private and two twin bungalows
- Ecologically designed to be in harmony with the surrounding beach, palm forests and local villages
- Designer bathrooms
- Large private terraces with jaw-dropping views of the ocean
- Excellent restaurant with large terrace overlooking the sea, plus cocktail bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb spa and swimming pool with poolside bar
- Boats trips to various islands and a mangrove river
- Tuna, barracuda and mackerel fishing trips
- Excellent bird watching and forest exploration
- Extensive hiking through woods and fields
- Cultural visits to nearby villages and markets
- Meet local craftsmen, monks, farmers and fishermen
- Easy access to a nine hole golf course
- Library and authentic entertainment