With four beautiful vessels in its fleet, Paukan Cruises invites travellers to experience the rich cultural heritage of Myanmar in comfort and style on its boutique river cruises.
Founded in 2003 by three Myanmar entrepreneurs, Paukan Cruises operate a range of 2 - 10 night itineraries that run up and down the Irrawaddy and Chindwin Rivers. As well as the classic hop between royal Mandalay and ancient Bagan, they offer more extensive journeys to the remote north, with stops at tiny riverside villages, ancient temples, local handicraft markets and traditional workshops along the way.
From the original RV Paukan to the luxurious Paukan Princess and sophisticated Irrawaddy Explorer, each vessel is like a floating boutique hotel with supremely elegant interiors and impressive facilities. Cabins are timber-lined and fitted to a high standard, whilst the on-board dining experience consists of Eastern and Western-inspired dishes prepared by a team of experienced chefs. Cruising in total comfort, you’ll be able to observe local life along the riverbanks, and get a unique insight into Myanmar’s daily lifestyles and traditions.
Ayravata Cruises, at a glance
- The 36-passenger Paukan Princess is capable of sailing the entire length of the Irrawaddy (up to Bhambo) thanks to her extremely shallow draft· The sleek Irrawaddy Explorer is Ayravata’s most luxurious offering, complete with 28 sumptuously appointed suites, a sundeck, spa and fitness centre
- The compact RV Paukan 2012 is an elegant, timber-lined vessel carrying a total of 34 passengers in pretty cabins with ensuite bathrooms
- Sister to the RV Paukan 2012, the RV Paukan 2007 is slightly larger in size with space for 55 passengers that are looked after by a 30-member crew. Amenities include a bar, lounge and sun deck (including a stage for evening cultural performances)
- Beautifully decorated interiors throughout the fleet, with a combination of contemporary Asian design and traditional motifs
- Meals are prepared on board by expertly trained culinary staff, with a wide choice of dishes, cocktails and wines
- Shore excursions to discover traditional villages, atmospheric temples, local markets and workshops
- Traditional Myanmar massages
Where will Ayravata Cruises take you?
- Wide range of 2 - 10 night cruises running between Mandalay and Bagan on the Irrawaddy and Chindwin Rivers
- Expect to visit places like Prome, Salay, Yandabo, Monywa, Ava, Sagaing, Amarapura, Mingun, Thayet and Magwe
- Cruises can be taken both upstream and downstream