As a casual passerby, you might not notice Rachamankha – especially if your eyes had become attuned to the riotous decoration and intricate carving of some of the nearby temples. But to the cognoscenti, this hotel is the epitome of stylish relaxation. It will surround you with white walls topped with time weathered, red tiled roofs. Not to mention serene colonnaded courtyards shaded by towering palms and an architectural aesthetic inspired by the surrounding city – founded over nine centuries ago.
Beyond the rooms designed according to the Oriental concept of simple elegance, and the unrivalled fine dining experience of Rachamankha, lies another world; the city itself. There are four of its most spectacular temples within a few minutes walk, with almost innumerable sightseeing opportunities not far away.
Rachamankha, at a glance
- A superbly luxurious, boutique hotel in the heart of Chiang Mai’s old quarter
- Just 25 guest rooms and suites
- Interior décor follows the Oriental aesthetic of simple sophistication
- Antique Chinese cabinets, world-wide furnishings and traditional artwork
- Modern entertainment systems
- Views over the courtyard or gardens
- Lanna, Burmese and Shan specialities served within an intimate restaurant or al fresco
For leisure and pleasure
- Shaded courtyards for discreet, quiet contemplation and relaxation
- Perfect setting to explore the fascinating city of Chiang Mai
- Four impressive temples of major interest are within easy walking distance
- Access to over 33 functioning temples or wats within the walled city
- City tours by bicycle to explore endless sightseeing, cultural and shopping opportunities