Ho Chi Minh City – old Saigon – is one of those places where it is still a delight to be a foreigner. Especially if you’re staying at the Caravelle.
Sit in the roof terrace café of the Caravelle at cocktail hour and watch the sun drop slowly towards the hazy blue horizon. Will your camera capture the magic of the bustling city changing colour? It might, if you have a panorama-wide lens. Better just to remember the moment.
Step outside the Caravelle’s doors and you’re immediately engulfed in a city that is running pell mell. Mopeds, by the thousand, zoom past carrying anything from a family of four to a three metre high pile of tyres, a haystack or a cage of live snakes.
Inside, the Caravelle is a palace of peace, refinement, natural service, exquisite cuisine and a level of luxury that borders on the opulent. Small wonder it is a confirmed favourite with international celebrities.
Caravelle Hotel, at a glance
- Very central setting in the midst of Saigon’s business and entertainment district
- Just eight kilometres from Tan Son Nhat International Airport
- Choice of 335 guest rooms and luxurious suites
- Fabulous views over Ho Chi Minh City and the mighty Saigon River
- Full Wi Fi and internet connectivity
- Signature floor for privileged guests
- Three restaurants and lounge, two bars and Club Vegas
For leisure and pleasure
- Open air, free-form swimming pool with poolside restaurant
- 750 sq m sanctuary spa with a wide variety of wellness therapies, hair and beauty treatments
- Fitness centre
- Grand ball room
- Opposite the Opera House
- Close to bustling markets, sight seeing opportunities, fascinating side streets, sophisticated stores and tiny shops