There’re local people in traditional dress. Exquisite Thai food is being cooked in front of you. There’s ethnic dancing. Sunday markets at home were never like this!
From Mai Chau Lodge you’ll have eye-opening views of the whole Mai Chau Valley. A place of green richness, where people continue with a pastoral lifestyle that seems unchanged for centuries. They still live in wooden, stilted houses. Their ancient skills, like embroidering clothes and silk spinning, are passed down through the generations. Their dances are ancient and they’re disarmingly welcoming.
A trait they share with the Lodge. Personal service is the watchword here – along with a level of Westernised comfort you’ll feel completely at home with. Think en suite bathrooms and a restaurant that serves the best of regional specialities; served in front of spectacular views of the lotus lake, pool and green paddy fields stretching off into the distance.
Mai Chau Lodge, at a glance
- Idyllic setting beside a serene valley, overlooked by magnificent mountains
- 137 km south west of Hanoi
- Choice of deluxe rooms with pool or mountain views, and junior suites
- Unlimited internet
- Bo Luong restaurant serving traditional specialities and international cuisine
- Relaxing pool-side bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Great swimming pool with sun decks and pool bar
- Sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room
- Wallking tours to meet the ethnic mountain people in their charming villages
- Homestay trekking and handicraft tour
- Cycling around the trails of Mai Chau
- Sunday market excursions
- Rock climbing
- Traditional dancing
- Reading room
- Traditional cookery classes