Overlooking Sri Lanka’s glorious southern coast, this 60-acre resort encompasses an 18-hole golf course, a vast Ayurvedic spa and a unique artisan village.
Unrivalled service, innovative dining and a contemporary design combine at this coastal resort. Decorated with indigenous materials, all rooms and suites enjoy a gorgeous view either of the Indian Ocean, the resort’s golf course or tropical gardens. When it comes to dining, you can sample mouth-watering Sri Lankan cuisine in the main restaurant Bojunhala, or treat yourself to Southeast Asian-inspired street food at Sera. There is an outdoor grill at Ulpatha, as well as a breezy lounge bar where you can enjoy tapas and afternoon tea alongside soothing ocean vistas.
In addition to its prestigious golf course, beautifully set amid a coconut palm planation, the resort boasts an array of activities for all the family to enjoy, from a mini waterpark to a full-size flying trapeze, nature trails, archery and beach volleyball. The property even has its own artisan village where guests can interact with local craftsman and observe their mastery in wood carving, mask-making, weaving and pottery. And when you just want to relax, you’ll find a Jacuzzi, three outdoor swimming pools and Ayurvedic treatments at the signature CHI Spa.
Shangri-La's Hambantota, at a glance
- Elegant, 60-hecate resort near the historic fishing port of Hambantota on Sri Lanka’s wild southern coast
- 274 light-filled rooms, including 20 spacious suites, with polished bamboo floors, hand-woven rugs and coconut-shell mosaics
- Bathrooms with separate showers and soaking tubs, plus luxurious Shangri-La toiletries
- Magnificent views over the Indian Ocean, lagoon, golf course or tropical gardens
- A 20-minute drive from Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport
- Four restaurants and bars serving Sri Lankan and Southeast Asian cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Beautifully designed, world-renowned 18-hole golf course
- Easy access to the wildlife sanctuaries of Yala National Park and Bundala National Park
- Wellness facilities include the Chi Ayurveda Spa, yoga classes, aqua gym and fitness centre
- Artisan village showcasing local arts and crafts
- Hiking and mountain biking along nature trails
- Cool Zone Kids’ Club offering an array of activities for children
- Fun waterpark with slides and water features