Chic and well-appointed guestrooms, spa treatments inspired by Tibetan healing methods and unbeatable views overlooking the Potala Palace await at this refined, luxury resort in Lhasa.
The St Regis occupies a fantastic location surrounded by timeless landscapes in the ancient city of Lhasa. Not only does it face the magnificent Potala Palace, former residence of the Dalai Lama, it also offers easy access to the Sera Monastery, iconic Jokhang Temple, World Heritage-listed Norbulingka and the colourful markets of Barkhor Street. Perfectly positioned for exploring, guests can unwind after a long day in the peaceful meditation garden or with a personalised treatment at the Iridium Spa.
199 inviting guestrooms, 45 of which are suites, are thoughtfully appointed and provide visitors with every modern comfort. Décor is simple yet elegant, inspired by Tibetan culture and fitted with custom furniture, wood accents and lattice work. Bathrooms are spacious and feature separate showers and tubs, dual vanities and heated slate floors. To top it all off, each room provides its occupants with a glorious view of either the Potala Palace, cityscape or the resort's pretty gardens and lake.
St Regis Lhasa, at a glance
- Luxury resort facing the magnificent Potala Palace in eastern Lhasa, one of the world’s highest cities
- Beautiful collection of guestrooms and suites, all with superb views and several overlooking the palace
- Fantastic in-room amenities including LCD TVs, plush bathrobes and 350-thread-count linens
- Large designer bathroom with a twin vanity counter and Victorian bathtub
- 24-hour in-room dining
- Three restaurants, Social, Yan Ting and The Drawing Room, serving international cuisine, Chinese cuisine and baked goods/desserts respectively
- Elegant wine bar with plush leather sofas and an outdoor sun deck
For leisure and pleasure
- Enjoy guided tours of top sights like the Jokhang Temple and Yungbulakang Palace
- Explore and browse the colourful markets stalls of Barkhor Street
- World Heritage Sites Potala Palace and Norbulingka are both minutes from the resort
- Iridium Spa offering personalised treatments that honour the traditional Tibetan approach to wellness
- 150-square-meter Yoga and Pilates studio
- Meditation Garden
- Heated swimming pool maintaining a constant temperature of 26-28°C plus views of the lake and Himalaya Palace