Get up close to some of Asia’s rarest wildlife – including the iconic orangutan – at this modest riverside resort situated in Sabah’s mythical rainforest.
Accommodation at the resort is clean, uncluttered and comfortable. Guests have a choice between 20 authentic timber bungalows with either a hill or riverside location. All stand harmoniously with the natural surroundings, and come fitted with ceiling fans, ensuite bathrooms and private balconies. Each bungalow is linked to the property’s Sunbird Cafe by a raised boardwalk, where you can dine on both local and western cuisine.
During your stay knowledgeable guides will lead you through the protected, lowland rainforest of the huge Tabin Wildlife Reserve in search of rare and interesting wildlife like Borneo pygmy elephants, Sumatran rhino, clouded leopard and wild orangutans (amongst other primates). Not to mention countless birds, reptiles and insects. As you trek your guide will also point out exotic trees and reveal the secret healing properties of certain plants. Night walks provide the oppurtunity to spot more interesting nocturnal creatures.
Tabin Wildlife Resort, at a glance
- Comfortable wilderness lodge located in Tabin Wildlife Reserve, Malaysia’s largest reserve
- Ten hillside and ten riverside bungalows, all spacious, air conditioned and connected by timber boardwalks
- Constructed from natural materials, each bungalow blends seamlessly into the surrounding landscape
- Twin or double beds, ensuite bathrooms, hot showers, ceiling fans and private balconies
- Enjoy views into the forest or over the Lipad River
- Restaurant serving a combination of local and western cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Enjoy walking with expert guides along the resort’s network of trails
- Expect encounters with a variety of wildlife, including many endangered species
- Fantastic birdwatching opportunities
- Discover the reserve’s fascinating array of flora, which includes medicinal plants
- Night walks
- Early morning drives
- Visits to waterfalls and mud volcanoes