Imagine the Caribbean when it was the playground of the wealthy and the privileged few – before it became a ‘destination’. The picture you have is of Guana Island.
Actually, Guana Island is still privately-owned, and it is still an exclusive playground to which only the very privileged are welcomed. To receive your invitation, you simply have to make it part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to the British Virgin Islands. Then sit back and soak in the 850 acres of undisturbed natural beauty. An emerald thrown onto an aquamarine sea. Miles of tropical rainforest, stately mountains and cool valleys - all ringed by powder white beaches. Seven of them.
Then there is The Club. Where you’ll stay in your choice of cottage or secluded villa. And where you’ll experience Guana’s own style of low-key luxury. You’ll be pampered by attentive staff, overseen by the family who have called the place home for over 70 years.
Guana Island, at a glance
- The-Caribbean-As-It-Used-To-Be style resort on a privately-owned island
- Choice of highly individual cottage and villas – their names eloquently suggesting their locations
- Sea View Cottage, Sea View Pool Cottage, North Beach Villa, Harbour House Villa, Jost House Villa and the latest Anegada House Villa
- All with unique and superlative views of the island or sea
- Private gardens and sun terraces
- Elegant bathrooms with rain showers
- Accommodation to suit different sized parties
- Dining terraces serving brilliant food and inspiring views over the Atlantic and the Caribbean
For leisure and pleasure
- Seven wonderful beaches offering excellent swimming and a large variety of water sports
- Including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing
- Sunset cruises and castaway picnics
- Boat trips and charters
- Nature trails and scenic walks
- Two tennis courts
- Volleyball, badminton and croquet
- Hammocks and sun loungers
- Day trips and island hopping