An ancient tree casts its shade over a colonial-style plantation residence with shuttered windows. The Montpelier exudes romance, with a capital R.
Whether you’re planning your first or your second honeymoon, or a just-the-two-of-us break, or you’re seeking an irresistible backdrop for the big proposal; the Montpelier is the perfect setting.
This Nevis hotel will satisfy all the culinary and fine wine expectations you have of Relais and Chateaux, complete with a beautiful beach – even by the Caribbean’s standards – and breathtaking Nevis scenery. So it’s small wonder that Travel and Leisure and Conde Nast Traveller have repeatedly highlighted the Montpelier as amongst the Caribbean’s top hotels, with a special emphasis on it as a romantic destination.
Which is something you’ll discover for yourself the moment you arrive.
Montpelier Plantation and Beach, at a glance
- Truly romantic beach setting on the tiny island of Nevis
- Choice of just 19 contemporary plantation rooms designed to have an open flow between the indoors and the outdoors
- Simple luxury enhanced with private verandas and panoramic seascapes
- Stylish restaurant serving French/Caribbean fusion cuisine, plus intimate dining in a 300-year-old sugar mill
For leisure and pleasure
- Great swimming pool with a superb restaurant/bar
- Beach-side marriage ceremonies
- Tennis court
- Wine and rum tasting
- Island exploration by car, horse or bike to discover villages with Georgian colonial houses
- Sailing, deep sea fishing, kite surfing, scuba diving
- Trek after monkeys in the forest
- Robert Trent Jones golf course nearby