Set on a huge lake and commanding an epic view of the Tsingy massif, Iharana’s prime location makes it one of the finest places to stay in the Ankarana Reserve.
Choose to stay at Iharana Bush Camp and you’ll find yourself surrounded by magnificent rocky landscapes in a region of ancient limestone formations, underground rivers and eerie caves. Iharana Bush Camp invites you to experience the wonders of Ankarana from the comfort of just 18 individual cabanas. Shaded by mango trees and inspired by traditional Malagasy housing, each cabana is constructed from natural materials and stands almost seamlessly with its surroundings. No televisions, phones or plugs ensure a truly peaceful stay.
Featuring fresh and locally sourced ingredients, dining consists of delicious European cuisine with a Malagasy twist, whilst the bar is your go-to for fruit juices and cocktails. The restaurant itself opens onto a wide balcony where you can watch beautiful sunsets over the massif. During your stay you will have plenty of opportunity to explore the surrounding reserve, from guided hikes to canoeing on the lake and discovering local villages by bike.
Iharana Bush Camp, at a glance
- Stylish bush camp with a beautiful lakeside setting in the Ankarana Reserve
- Choice of 18 comfortable cabanas with ochre walls and thatched roofs
- All rooms have private bathrooms and hot running water
- Four of the cabanas are built beside the lake and enjoy the addition of private balconies
- Architecture inspired by traditional Malagasy housing
- Sensational views across the lake and the reserve’s rugged landscape
- Restaurant serving European food with a Malagasy twist, with the option for custom-made menus
- Bar serving fresh juices and home-made cocktails
- Eco-friendly property
For leisure and pleasure
- Natural outdoor swimming pool
- Browse for souvenirs at the property’s boutique
- Enjoy a typically traditional Malagasy massage in the open air
- Take a five-minute canoe ride to Nosy Iharana, a small peninsula where you can enjoy a private lunch or drinks at sunset with a backdrop of the impressive massif
- Visit the Mandresy Cave, home to fruit bats and amazing stalagmites
- Guided walking tour through the tsingsy
- Canoe on lake, a great opportunity to bird watch and soak up the splendid scenery
- Ride a bicycle into the surrounding villages to meet locals and observe everyday life
- Experience the reserve after dark on a nocturnal excursion