And relax. The Banyan Tree Hotel in the Seychelles is completely dedicated to the three ‘Rs’ – rest, relaxation and recuperation.
But how do you manage to drag yourself away from a beach this flawless, this white, this soft? With the Indian Ocean lapping at your feet? It is almost impossible, but once you have turned your back on the sea you’ll find another vista welcoming you. One where you can wander through 100 year old botanical gardens that are home to huge, ancient tortoises and trees bearing giant coco de mer. Stroll in Market Street and you’ll be surrounded by the colour and noise of local produce and handicraft stalls. Visit Anse Intendance and, in season, you’ll be able to watch sea turtles arriving to breed.
And then it’s back to that beach. The best reason for making this resort part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to the Seychelles.
Banyan tree Seychelles, at a glance
- Exquisite beachside resort with spectacular views over the Indian Ocean
- Just 45 minutes from Victoria – the capital of Mahe
- Choice of ultra-luxurious villas, the majority with their own pools and panoramic ocean views
- Described by their names; Ocean View, Beachfront, Intendance Bay View, Two Bedroom Double Pool and the one and two bedroom Royal Banyan Ocean View villas
- The distinctiveness of Creole cooking and the sophistication of French cuisine combine at Au Jardin d’Epices
For leisure and pleasure
- Achingly beautiful, infinity edge swimming pool gazing out over the Indian Ocean
- Spa focusing on traditional Eastern healing therapies and treatments
- Poolside cocktail bar and sun decks
- Well-equipped gym plus outdoor tennis court
- Tours of the 100 year old botanical gardens, home to coco de mer trees and giant tortoises
- Rum Shack and organic farm tour
- Hectic shopping, bargaining and sightseeing amongst the shops and stalls along Market Street
- Seasonal turtle watching at Anse Intendance
- Day trips to Praslin and La Dique
- World class big game fishing with record catches