The Serai Chikmagalur sits in the rural splendour of India’s coffee country, a land of sprawling green plantations, ancient ruins and enchanting temples.
Accommodation at the resort consists of 29 sophisticated villas with wonderful amenities such as private pools. You can opt to stay in the exclusive Presidential Villa, which features an expansive, separate living area, stylish bedrooms and both a private swimming pool and a Jacuzzi.
Hiking enthusiasts will be delighted with the array of trekking routes surrounding the resort, however you can also visit temples or simply relax in the sunshine. Why not take the opportunity to learn about the region’s coffee making process – all the way from bean to cup – on a plantation tour, which can be followed by a rejuvenating coffee bean scrub at the Oma Spa.
Make the Serai Chikmagalur a part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to India, and you will enjoy delicious meals at the highland-top Odyssey restaurant, taking in sensational views as you dine.
And after, you can sip on a drink at the Blue Sky Lounge Bar as the sun sinks below the forested hills.
The Serai Chikmagalur, at a glance
- Located in India’s coffee country, in the south-western area of Karnataka
- Choice of 29 villas with a private sit out and either a private pool or Jacuzzi
- The presidential villa features two bedrooms and both a private pool and Jacuzzi
- Large glass doors and windows let in plenty of natural light
- Views overlooking paddy fields, plantations and trees
- In room amenities include LCD TV, DVD player, mini fridge and tea and coffee facilities
- Odyssey restaurant serving a variety of dishes
For leisure and pleasure
- Go on a coffee walk and get an insight into the production process
- Explore the areas of Belur and Halebid
- Enjoy a range of outdoor activities such as cycling, archery, tennis and cricket
- Take in the mountain ranges of Chikmagalur on the Trekker’s Trail
- Visit Mullayanagiri, the tallest peak in the region
- Holistic therapy inspired Oma Spa, where treatments range from massages to coffee scrubs
- A main swimming pool and toddlers pool
- Fitness centre