New York’s only Relais & Châteaux property, The Surrey has hosted some of the city’s most famous faces – from JFK to Bette Davis.
Originally constructed in 1926, but has since been beautifully re-imagined and modernised in collaboration with acclaimed interior designer Lauren Rottet, whilst keeping its historic charm intact. Service is discreet, rooms are sumptuously furnished and the social spaces include a private rooftop garden where you can sip on signature cocktails as you contemplate New York’s iconic skyline. The hotel even boasts its own modern art collection, including works by Jenny Holzer, Jimmie Martin and Chuck Close.
The on-site Cornelia Spa is an intimate and luxuriously appointed Manhattan haven, complete with private suites and decadent treatments personalised to your specific needs. Other tranquil spaces within the hotel include the intimate Coco Chanel-inspired bar and cocktail lounge, finished with French doors, leather quilted walls and black and white lacquer. Finely prepared French classics made with fresh, seasonal ingredients can be enjoyed at Cafe Boulud, whilst private and in-room dining are also available.
The Surrey, at a glance
• New York’s only Relais & Châteaux hotel located on the Upper East Side
• Indulge in award-winning French fine dining at Cafe Boulud
• Coco Chanel and Art Deco-inspired bar and cocktail lounge, Bar Pleiades
• 189 guest rooms fitted with luxury amenities, custom-designed beds, flat screen TVs, iPod docks, mixology kits and free Wi-Fi
• Sparkling city views
• Fine modern art collection
For leisure and pleasure
• 24-hour, fully-equipped fitness centre with state-of-the-art Technogym equipment
• Luxurious Cornelia Spa offering personalised treatments in private suites
• Private rooftop garden (seasonal)
• In-room dining
• On the doorstep of some of the world’s greatest museums