Framed by verdant green hills and perfectly white sands, a stay at this secluded resort is a chance to immerse yourself in the rich culture and unspoilt natural beauty of Vietnam’s Phu Yen province.
The property is named after the Vietnamese for “bay of corals”, a nod to the vibrant coral reef that lies just a stone’s throw away from the resort’s private beach. Scattered along these white sands, and about the lush hillsides and rice paddies, are 71 standalone villas. Drawing inspiration from Vietnam’s traditional villages and tribal cultures, all have warm, minimalist interiors featuring reclaimed wood and bamboo furnishings, woven rattan, local silk prints and Vietnamese artefacts.
From snorkelling rainbow reefs to following scenic hiking trails and uncovering the fascinating history of the 11th century Cham dynasty, you’ll have a wide range of tailored excursions at your fingertips. You’ll also have two tennis courts, a yoga & aerobics studio and a 20-metre-long infinity pool at your disposal. And when you really need to unwind, there’s the beautiful Hoa Sen Spa where you can indulge in the signature ‘Sea Elixir’ and other curated treatments.
Diners have the choice between homely Hai-style cuisine at Bai Hai, delicious grilled fish at Lang Chai on the beach and classic Southeast Asian flavours at the hilltop Nha O.
Zannier Hotels Bai San Ho, at a glance
- High-end resort set on a secluded peninsula in Vietnam’s Phu Yen province
- Made up of a 98-hectare natural site overlooking a private white sandy beach
- 71 spacious standalone villas divided into three categories (Beach Pool Villas, Paddy Fields Villas and Hill Pool Villas)
- Most villas come with a private pool
- Beautiful interiors scattered with Vietnamese artefacts, paintings and local silk prints
- Three unique restaurants offering fresh and varied cuisine from traditional Vietnamese to international favourites
- Intimate cocktail bar echoing the Indochina/Tonkin era with its rococo-style decor
For leisure and pleasure
- Hoa Sen Spa where treatments fuse ancient Vietnamese traditions with natural ingredients
- Sparkling outdoor infinity pool
- Two tennis and paddle courts, a 24-hour fitness centre and a mountain-facing yoga platform
- Water sports and marine centre by the beach offering snorkelling, fishing, surfing, kayaking and more
- Variety of cultural experiences including visits to nearby fishing villages, Cham ruins, temples and local markets
- Take part in Vietnamese cooking classes
- Kid’s Club run by a dedicated team of professional organisers