Situated on a long stretch of beach on Sri Lanka’s west coast, Wattura Resort & Spa offers complete seclusion in its collection of gorgeous suites and villas.
Each of the 2,600 sq ft Wattura Villas comes with its own plunge pool and personal butler, whilst the resort’s suites feature private terraces and serene views over the Gin Oya River. Families may prefer to stay in the Wattura Residence at the edge of the resort, which comes complete with a rooftop infinity pool and direct access to the 1.5km private beach.
Equally impressive is the rejuvenating spa, set amidst lily-covered waters, and minimalist Pappali Restaurant where Sri Lankan delicacies are infused with South Indian flavours. Those feeling energetic can choose from a range of outdoor activities that include whale watching expeditions, deep sea fishing tours, white-water rafting and wildlife safaris in Wilpattu National Park.
Wattura Resort & Spa, at a glance
• Luxury boutique hotel on the west coast between Waikkal Beach and Gin Oya Estuary
• Total of 27 luxuriously appointed villas and suites (17 suites, 8 Wattura Villas, 1 Gin Oya Suite and 1 Wattura Residence)
• All rooms have separate toilets/showers, smart TVs, writing desks and luxury toiletries
• Some rooms also feature private plunge pools, sea-facing balconies/terraces, private gardens and day beds
• The Wattura Residence offers direct beach access as well as a rooftop infinity pool
• Butler services
• All-day dining at Pappali Restaurant which serves a diverse menu inspired by local Sri Lankan cuisine, South Indian marinades and Arabic grilling methods
• Bar with outdoor lounge
• 30-minute drive from Negombo
For leisure and pleasure
• 1.5km long private beach
• Luxurious Wattura Spa complete with treatment rooms, plunge pools, hot and cold relaxation areas, courtyards and a Zen garden
• Multi-layered swimming pool
• Yoga & meditation
• Kids Zone offering games, sports activities, movies and more
• Helicopter tours, kite surfing, hiking, white-water rafting and deep-sea fishing cruises
• Wildlife safaris in Wilpattu National Park
• Whale and dolphin watching excursions