Find your dream country escape at Wilderness, a glorious private estate enclosed by pretty woodland, parkland and lakes close to Suffolk’s Heritage Coast.
The property is made up of a collection of cottages, country manors, barns and farmhouses, all scattered throughout a 5,000-acre estate in the picturesque Suffolk countryside. Together they house 50 bedrooms, each with its own individual character and style. Options include the grand Sibton Park, a Grade II-listed Georgian country house with open fires, antique furniture and marble-floored bathrooms, as well as the modest Hex Cottage, an electricity-free, one-bedroomed thatched cottage overlooking its own meadow.
Wherever you choose to stay you can fill your days with an array of countryside pursuits, from golf to horse-riding, paddle boarding on the lake and cycling around the estate on a Pashley bike. You’ll also find naturally-filtered pools and hot tubs, perfect for relaxing at the end of a long day. The farmhouses, cottages and barns all have large kitchens for self-catering, but you can also book a Wilderness chef.
Wilderness, at a glance
- 5,000-acre private estate made up of a collection of manors, country houses, farmhouses & cottages in the Suffolk countryside
- 50 individually styled bedrooms heated by sustainable energy
- All properties are self-catering whilst chefs can be booked
- Facilities include well-equipped kitchens, open fireplaces, king-size Hypnos beds, bathrooms with underfloor heating, roll-top baths and luxurious showers
- Hearty, seasonal food using organic local produce and complemented by wines from the cellar
For leisure and pleasure
- Array of activities including golf, clay-pigeon shooting, horse-riding, fishing and tennis
- Explore the estate by bike or on nature walks
- Naturally-filtered pool and hot tubs
- Private gym at Sibton Park
- Spa treatments
- Wine tastings
- Rowing and paddle boarding on the lake
- Cooking classes