You’ll find seasonal, owner-run Kanga Camp in one of the most remote corners of Mana Pools National Park, within the exclusive confines of a private concession.
The property offers you a truly unrushed, authentic safari in Zimbabwe’s beautiful Mana Pools National Park. It lies just next to the Kanga Pan which, during the dry season, is the only permanent source of water for many miles, making it a real magnet for wildlife. The surrounding landscape is a joy to explore - a diverse, untouched wilderness made up of vleis, mopane woodland, bush and riverine forests.
As well as classic game drives, you’ll be able to enjoy walking safaris with professional guides - a rarity in Africa’s national parks. The camp also works in collaboration with Zambezi Expeditions to also offer its guests the opportunity to canoe and fish on the Zambezi River.
Guests are accommodated in six Meru-style tents, each raised on wooden platforms with a great view over the Kanga Pan. The main part of camp features a cosy lounge and dining area shaded by a mahogany tree where you can watch wildlife drinking from the waterhole below - the ultimate ‘armchair safari’ experience. Otherwise, the carefully disguised photographic hide offers you some fabulous up-close sightings.
Kanga Camp, at a glance
- Private, owner-run safari camp situated in an isolated corner of Mana Pools National Park
- Sensitively built on wooden platforms on the edge of the Kanga Pan
- Six spacious Meru-style tents with fans, hot running water and private verandas
- Two of the tents are family/honeymoon tents with their own private dining and seating areas
- Ensuite bathrooms with flushing toilets and outdoor showers
- Floor-to-ceiling mesh windows keep out the insects whilst letting in natural light and a gentle breeze
- Laidback communal dining area
- Only open during Zimbabwe’s shoulder and dry season from April to the end of November
For leisure and pleasure
- Enjoy canoeing and catch-and-release fishing on the Zambezi River
- Guided walking safaris and exciting game drives led by qualified and enthusiastic guides
- Watch for elephant, leopard, wild dogs, antelope and birds from the carefully disguised hide
- Enjoy an ‘armchair’ safari from the shaded upper deck overlooking the pan
- Excellent birdwatching opportunities
- Take a dip in the refreshing plunge pool