Surrounded by a beautiful teak forest, Verney’s Camp sits on a large open floodplain in Hwange National Park’s untouched south-eastern corner.
With access to a private 10,000-hectare concession, guests of Verney’s Camp can expect a blissfully uncrowded safari in Hwange National Park. The area surrounding the camp is famed for its huge herds of elephant and buffalo - who often come to drink from Verney’s Pan - but you can also expect to observe leopards, lions and packs of African wild dogs on your game drives. Walking safaris and birdwatching excursions with highly trained guides are also on the menu, as well as exciting night drives in search of elusive nocturnal predators.
Scattered among teak and mopane trees, the camp’s 10 designer, eco-friendly tents are beautifully positioned around a waterhole. While drawing inspiration from the safaris of old, they come equipped with modern luxuries such as hot and cold running water, flush toilets and electric lamps. Each tent has its own patio deck, providing the ideal spot from which to contemplate the wild landscape before you.
Verney’s Camp, at a glance
- Classic safari camp set on its own private concession in Hwange National Park
- 10 elevated canvas tents, including two dedicated family units
- Each tent has its own patio deck and relaxation area with views over the pan and waterholes
- Luxurious full bathrooms with hot and cold running water, a double basin vanity, indoor shower and flushing toilet
- Dining and lounge tent joined by wooden walkways
- Laidback, authentic safari-style with touches of luxury
- Fresh, light meals served throughout the day
For leisure and pleasure
- Day and night game drives in customised, open-air vehicles
- Birdwatching safaris
- Mokoro excursions
- Walking safaris with highly trained guides
- Village and community visits
- Swimming pool deck and fire pit area