At Savute Elephant Lodge, becoming one with the wild has never been so luxurious and beautiful. Visit Chobe, Botswana and experience it for yourself.
At Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge there’s a clue in the name. You will definitely see plenty of wildlife – the great grey mammoths of the savannah are regular visitors to the camp, wandering slowly past your viewing deck on the way to their watering hole. And Chobe National Park is home to lion, zebra, antelope, wild dogs, hippo, crocodile and sable. There are even leopard and klipspringer in the nearby Gubatsa Hills.
Meanwhile the surrounding countryside provides even more photo opportunities. Giant baobab trees waver their stumpy arms at the blue sky above. The savannah, dotted with craggy outcrops of red rock, sweeps towards the horizon. The Savute Channel gushes across the plains. Small wonder early Bushmen were inspired to record the scene in their surprisingly modern-looking paintings.
Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge, at a glance
- Archetypal safari camp set in the wildlife-rich Chobe National Park
- Choice of 11 tented residences raised on wooden platforms and one private suite
- Traditional thatched roofs
- Wide game-viewing decks with hammocks
- Netted four poster beds
- Private bathrooms and dressing rooms
- Air conditioning
- Al fresco dining with views over the savannah
For leisure and pleasure
- Private airstrip
- Inviting swimming pool
- Game drives during the day or at night
- Rare opportunity to view Bushman paintings
- Boabab tree excursions
- Powerful telescope for bird watching and game viewing
- Internet connectivity and satellite TV
- Local performances in a traditional boma
- Reference library and curio shop selling safari wear and artefacts