Both have game viewing opportunities in abundance. But one offers the romanticised safari experience; the other is smaller, and even more exclusive.
Overlooking a secluded lagoon in the northern Okavango Delta, Kwara offers the ultimate Delta experience. Its location allows access to the permanent waterways of the Delta as well as expansive dry land areas, admired for their quality game viewing.
Kwara offers, within the exclusive concession in which it is located, a wide variety of activities. In addition to game drives, both day and night, the camp offers mokoro trips, as well as fishing (spinning equipment is provided but fly fisherman need to bring their own equipment). Boat trips are on a double-decker boat that visits the Godikwe Lagoon in the waters of the Moremi Game Reserve, which is known for the abundant varieties of birdlife especially during nesting season.
Kwara, at a glance
- Kwara offers a choice of eight traditionally styled safari tents
- Raised wooden decks giving great views
- En suites with showers, plus outside safari showers
- Kwara has a honeymoon tent with full bathroom and soaking tub
- Open-sided thatched lodges serving excellent camp food accompanied by wide open views
For leisure and pleasure
- Permanent water setting that attract a wide diversity of animals
- Ebony and mangosteen trees full of indigenous birds
- Nature walks with experienced guides and tracker teams
- Night and day game drives
- Boat and mokoro cruises through the delta’s hidden waterways
- Bring your own fly fishing tackle, or spin for tilapia, African pike, catfish and tigerfish