Stone Town is truly atmospheric. You’ll find your pace slows to the lazy beat of Africa time as you wander past pale stone houses, through tiny streets lined with picturesque doors and alleyways that twist and turn until you lose yourself in their charm. And become, quite literally, lost.
It’s a good problem to have because, if you’ve included a stay at the Park Hyatt on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Zanzibar, you simply make for the sea. This great hotel – a neat fusion of a 17th century mansion with an elegant modern residence – stands in the heart of Stone Town, on the beach. So finding it again is simple. Leaving you free to stroll off to the Old Fort, Forodhani Gardens, the House of Wonder, the Palace Museum…
Park Hyatt Zanzibar, at a glance
- World class hotel standing on the beach in Stone Town
- Choice of 67 luxurious suites and guest rooms arranged between a 17th century mansion and an elegant Zamani residence
- Décor reflects Arab, Persian, Indian and European influences
- Tented beds and opulent bathrooms with tubs and rain showers
- Suites have king-sized beds plus private balconies with fabulous views over the dhow harbour and the Indian Ocean
- Fine restaurant serving authentic local specialities and international fusion cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Ocean-front infinity pool with spectacular sea views
- Anantara Spa with expansive menu of curative, restorative and beauty treatments
- Fully equipped fitness centre
- Peaceful and shaded central courtyard for quiet meditation
- A few steps from bazaars and markets, winding alleyways and photogenic streets
- Close to sights like the Old Fort, the Old Dispensary, Forodhani Gardens, the Peace Memorial Museums, the House of Wonders and the Palace Museum
Tailor-make a week long stay at Zanzibar’s Park Hyatt from £1,645 per person.
Seven nights in a Park Deluxe Double Room comes with breakfast and the price also includes Kenya Airways flights from Heathrow and private transfers.