And breathe. The Ruckomechi Camp, on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River, surrounded by a stunning national park, is the absolute opposite to life in the city jungle.
Welcome to a different sort of wilderness, where large groves of acacia, albida and mahogany trees replace skyscrapers and office blocks. Where the magnificent Zambezi flows silently past your camp, instead of the usual city view of streams of passing traffic. Where you hear wildlife in its natural habitat rather than the bustle of urban streets.
Make Ruckomechi Camp part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Zimbabwe and you’ll experience a different world. One where you’ll come to feel at one with nature. Where you’ll be surrounded by the astonishing scenery of the Mana Pools National Park and the mountains of Africa’s Great Rift Valley. And where you’ll meet the locals – including elephant (who regularly visit the camp), hippo, buffalo, eland and a wondrous collection of fascinating birds.
Ruckomechi Camp, at a glance
- Tented bush camp on the banks of the Zambezi
- 100 km below Lake Kariba
- Just 10 spacious modern safari tents
- En suite bathrooms including indoor and outdoor ‘bush’ showers
- Low level walkways connect tents to main lodge
- Well-appointed central dining area and bar serving excellent ‘camp’ and international cuisine
- Sister property to Little Ruckomechi
For leisure and pleasure
- Welcoming, infinity-edge, outdoor swimming pool with sun bathing deck
- Excellent wildlife viewing from open safari vehicles
- River trips on motorised pontoon boats
- Walking and canoe safaris
- Outdoor bath-with-a-view in a secluded, scenic setting
- Cushion-strewn star-gazing deck
- Library and lounge