Surrounded on all sides by a gorgeous turquoise lagoon, which flows into the rich blue of the Indian Ocean, Anantara Kihavah is one of Maldives’ dreamiest island hideaways.
A stopover for the seafaring traders of days gone by, the Maldivian island of Kihavah Huravalhi is its own little slice of paradise. Not only is it studded with coconut, mango and papaya trees, but its location within the Baa Atoll means the surrounding waters teem with tropical marine life. Whilst your days can be devoted to lounging on powder-soft sands, snorkelling with manta rays and sailing on luxury yachts, your evenings can be spent contemplating the moons of Jupiter through the resort’s powerful telescope.
Not a single tree was removed in the construction of Anantara’s 80 beautiful beach and overwater pool villas and residences. Constructed from indigenous materials, each is a serene haven with private pools, sundecks and outdoor showers. As well as a well-equipped water sports centre, the resort boasts a dreamy, overwater spa where treatments are complemented by outstanding ocean views. From Asian haute cuisine at ‘Spice’ to Japanese delicacies at ‘Fire’ and fresh seafood at the underwater restaurant, Sea, dining at Anantara is a truly special affair.
Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas, at a glance
• A luxury private island resort on Kihavah Huravalhi
• Located on the Baa Atoll in a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
• 80 beach and overwater pool villas and residences
• The décor, inspired by the island’s heritage and utilising indigenous materials, is a stylish fusion of Indian Ocean, Arab and Portuguese motifs
• Award-winning underwater dining
• Sky Bar and lounge with one of the most powerful telescopes in the Maldives
For leisure and pleasure
• Snorkel with mantas and Hawksbill sea turtles on the house reef
• Kayaking, windsurfing, jet-skiing, jetpack sea bobbing and paddle boarding
• Sunset cruises
• Underwater wine tastings
• One of the longest pools in the Maldives
• Anantara Spa with six overwater treatment rooms
• Dolphin watching
• Sunrise and sunset yoga
• Cooking classes