It was always a landmark building. It symbolised its setting in as much as it stands at the cultural and ecological crossroads of the Americas. Today, after its impressive refurbishment, it is more splendid and cosmopolitan than ever. Make sure the American Trade Hotel and Hall is on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Panama and you will – almost literally – have one foot in the old Casco Viejo quarter of Panama and the other in the city’s vivacious modern heart.
You’ll also be staying in a designer boutique hotel with a gracious square at its front. A neo-colonial style, white building with interesting balconies, arched windows and impressive views over both the tiled roofs of the city and the twinkling Gulf of Panama.
American Trade Hotel, at a glance
- Lovingly restored landmark hotel within the old district of the city
- Choice of stylish rooms and suites, between them offering panoramic city views or access to the tranquil garden
- Suites have two beautiful en-suite bedrooms, plus views over the Gulf of Panama or Plaza Herrera
- The Dining Room serves regional cuisine made from local and seasonal produce
- Craft roasted coffee in Café Unido
For leisure and pleasure
- Easy access to the cultural highlights, the theatres, restaurants, parks, shops and markets, cafés and squares of the city
- Cultural Engineers personalise your experience with day trips to Lake Gatun, hiking up Cerro Ancon, tours of the Casco and Canal
- Explore the ecological and historic sites of Casco Viejo
- Classic, jazz and bolero in the lobby and Danilo’s Jazz Club
- Grand events in the American Trade Hall